22 Jun. 2018
All eyes of the handball world will be on Copenhagen, Denmark on 25 June 2018 as the draw for the 2019 IHF Men’s World Championship will be staged in the city’s Town Hall at 12:30.
In accordance with the IHF regulations, the Hosting Federations have decided to assign the teams of GER (Group A/Berlin), CRO (Group B/Munich), DEN (Group C/Herning) and SWE (Group D/Copenhagen). Therefore the draw procedure will be as follows:
1. Team of Germany is seeded to group A.
Team of Croatia is seeded to group B.
Team of Denmark is seeded to group C.
Team of Sweden is seeded to group D.
Moreover the IHF has decided to assign the team of KOR in Group A.
2. Remaining teams in pot 6 are drawn to groups B – D in row 6.
3. Teams in pot 5 are drawn to groups A – D in row 5.
4. Teams in pot 4 are drawn to groups A – D in row 4.
5. Remaining teams in pot 3 are drawn to groups B – D in row 3.
6. Remaining teams in pot 2 are drawn to groups A/C/D in row 2.
7. Remaining Teams in pot 1 are drawn to groups A/B.
Pot 1: FRA, ESP, SWE, DEN
Pot 2: CRO, RUS, NOR, HUN
Pot 3: QAT, GER, AUT, MKD
Pot 4: SRB, TUN, ISL, Pan America 1
Pot 5: Pan America 2, EGY, BRN, Pan America 3
Pot 6: KOR, KSA, ANG, JPN
The Pan American teams will be known on 24 June, the final day of the 2018 Men’s Pan American Championship, which is currently going on in Nuuk, Greenland.
The draw will be streamed live on www.ihf.info.