28 May. 2019
The world’s best men’s youth teams will compete for glory at the 2019 IHF Men’s Youth (U19) World Championship in North Macedonia to be held from 6 to 18 August.
On 29 May at 14:00 local time, the draw for the event will take place at the IHF Head Office in Basle, Switzerland, with Zhivko Mukaetov, President of the Macedonian Handball Federation (MHF), and Filip Miloshevski, MHF Secretary General, as well as the national team coach (of the youth and men’s teams), Danilo Brestovac, in attendance.
1. Teams in pot 6 are drawn to groups A – D in row 6.
2. Teams in pot 5 are drawn to groups A – D in row 5.
3. Teams in pot 4 are drawn to groups A – D in row 4.
4. Teams in pot 2 are drawn to groups A – D in row 2
5. Teams in pot 1 are drawn to groups A – D in row 1.
6. Organisers North Macedonia have the prerogative to assign themselves to a group of their choice.
7. Remaining teams in pot 3 are drawn to groups A – D in row 3.
Pot 1: Sweden, Iceland, Denmark, Croatia
Pot 2: Spain, Germany, France, Bahrain
Pot 3: North Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Hungary
Pot 4: Egypt, Japan, Norway, Tunisia
Pot 5: Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Chinese Taipei
Pot 6: Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Portugal, Canada