04 Dec. 2021
Update 4 December: The Be a Manager game has been reset and the IHF kindly asks players to redo their teams. We apologize for any inconveniences caused.
It does not matter whether you are in Spain watching games or not – you can be part of the action on court at the 2021 IHF Women’s World Championship via a number of different ways, including two games which will test your handball knowledge and expertise with unique prizes on the line.
Spain 2021 prediction game
Think you can work out the results of all 108 games at Spain 2021? Know your way around all 32 teams and the strengths and weaknesses of them all?
If so, tell the world about it – and if you do know then the world will see you.
The IHF Spain 2021 Prediction Game is up and running on ihf.info now.
It is simple:
1. Go to the ‘Games’ section on ihf.info. Click on ‘Prediction’.
2. Hover over the Spain 2021 logo and then click on ‘Play Now’.
3. Sign in to your account. If you have not registered an account yet, you will need to.
4. Matches that can be predicted are live now – all 48 games of the preliminary round are live now.
Predict the correct match results to gain points:
Correct match winner = 5 points
Correct match score = 10 points
Correct goal difference = 10 points
Predict a draw = 15 points
5. Rankings will be updated after each match result.
6. Predictions can be made or modified up to throw-off.
7. The top three predictors will have their photo placed on the Spain 2021 ihf.info mini-site (in case of a tie, the winner will be the player who made the predictions earlier).
8. You can have multiple prediction games running at the same time, but each one covers only one championship/tournament.
9. At the end of Spain 2021, the three players with the most points will win a special IHF anniversary ball.
Be a Manager at Spain 2021
The manager, or coach, in handball is the glue which binds the squad of individuals together for one common goal – to play at the highest level and to win games.
Now you have a chance to be that person yourself at Spain 2021 with a fun game brought to you by the IHF. Be A Manager allows you to put yourself in charge and select your very own handball dream team and play against other users during a competition – starting with Spain 2021.
It is simple:
1. Visit https://www.ihf.info/games/be-a-manager.
2. Select your dream team of 14 players participating at Spain 2021 within your allocated 100 coin budget: 2 x goalkeepers, 2 x right wings, 2 x left wings, 2 x right backs, 2 x left backs, 2 x centre backs, 2 x pivots (line players). You can search by country, position, price or scroll through the current 1,139 players available – but be careful to check their playing status.
3. Once your squad is chosen, then select your seven-player starting line-up. The remaining players will be on the bench but can be substituted during the championship as many times as you want (not during an ongoing match).
4. During a match, players gain points by accomplishing certain tasks.
5. Transfer players or use your Wild Card (free, once per championship) to change your team during a championship. You can also buy and sell players on the transfer market using your remaining coin budget. If you do not have any coin budget left, you can buy a transfer with the points you have already gained – but it will cost you two points for each transfer you complete. Player prices may change during the championship, depending on their performance.
6. The total number of gained points makes up your overall ranking.
7. The winner will be determined after the final match through the ranking system and will win hummel equipment (training suit and shoes).
Scoring and ranking
Players can score points as follows:
Player scores a goal: 3 points
Goalkeeper scores a goal: 2 points
Player assists a goal: 2 points
Goalkeeper saves a penalty shot: 2 points
Player receives a two-minute suspension: -2 points
Player receives a yellow card: -2 points
Player commits a penalty: -3 points
Player receives a red card: -5 points
Points gained by your team during the championship will be added up. The user score is calculated based on the points gained by your team. The seven starting players get full points, while the players on your bench gain half the points, regardless of whether it is a positive or negative point.
In case two users are tied in the ranking system, the advantage will be given to the user who set up the dream team first.
By the end of the competition, the winner will be determined by the total score achieved and is shown in the ranking system.