19 Jun. 2019
The draw for the Preliminary Groups of the 2019 IHF Women’s World Championship takes place on Friday 21 June (16:00 local time) at GINZA SIX in Chuo-ku, Tokyo.
24 teams have qualified for the final tournament: France (FRA), Russia (RUS), Netherlands (NED), Romania (ROU), Norway (NOR), Sweden (SWE), Hungary (HUN), Denmark (DEN), Montenegro (MNE), Japan (JPN), Germany (GER), Serbia (SRB), Spain (ESP), Slovenia (SLO), Korea Republic (KOR), China (CHN), Brazil (BRA), Angola (ANG), Senegal (SEN), Argentina (ARG), Kazakhstan (KAZ), Cuba (CUB), DR Congo (COD) and Australia (AUS).
To find out how all the teams qualified for Japan 2019, click HERE.
Pot 1: FRA, RUS, NED, ROU
Pot 2: NOR, SWE, HUN, DEN
Pot 3: MNE, JPN, GER, SRB
Pot 4: ESP, SLO, KOR, CHN
Pot 5: BRA, ANG, SEN, ARG
Pot 6: KAZ, CUB, COD, AUS
1. Teams in pot 6 are drawn to groups A – D in row 6.
2. Teams in pot 5 are drawn to groups A – D in row 5.
3. Teams in pot 4 are drawn to groups A – D in row 4.
4. Teams in pot 2 are drawn to groups A – D in row 2.
5. Teams in pot 1 are drawn to groups A – D in row 1.
6. As organisers, Japan have the prerogative to assign themselves to a Preliminary Group of their choice (maximum of five minutes to decide)
7. Remaining teams in pot 3 are drawn to groups A – D in row 3.
The draw will be streamed live via the IHF YouTube page.
For more information and links to all Japan 2019 social media channels, visit their official website at www.japanhandball2019.com.