The Former Players Project was created as part of the IHF’s efforts to keep handball players, who have finished their active career, involved in the sport as coach, referee, delegate, manager or other position.
Requirements for former players to become a part of the project
The proposed athletes must fulfil the following criteria:
• Minimum of 50 matches played for the national team
• At least one participation in World Championships or Olympic Games
• Fluent in English language (courses will be held in English)
• No older than 40 years old (exception if former player would like to referee)
• Willing to participate in the IHF Former Players Project